Top Ten : Budget the School Holiday
We are two families with eight children aged 1 to 12 years old. We create and enjoy family time where we are all together having fun. We cherish this time as we see them growing up quickly.
For any family, spending in the school holidays can be difficult to manage or afford. We have picked up many fab ideas to budgeting along the way and would love to share some of these with you.
- www.dofreestuff.com/cheshire.html >> Here is a great site of free places in Cheshire to visit as a family, Heritage sites, Museums and Galleries.
- The local libraries, they have free songtime, free storytime, free lego clubs and family activities, some free some at low cost. They have a good selection of dvds great for holidays and such a good rental price.
- www.vouchercodes.co.uk >> This website is great no matter what city or town you are in, this week you will find vouchers for children eat FREE ! Here you will find codes to use to gain discounts at restaurants, family pubs, local attractions, entertainment, outdoor sports and much more even hotels and flights.
- Check out http://www.cheshiretoyshop.co.uk/events/ >> This is Cheshire's independent toy store, based at Glebe Farm in Congleton. The farm is free to visit, on occasions you can ride in the trailer pulled by a tractor for a small cost. Cheshire Toy Shop not only has pocket money toys available but also provides free play sessios with their toys. A favourite of ours is the Brio Play Days!
- The local Everybody Sport & Recreation (Leisure Centres) have fantastic deals that will worth being a member, (if not a member activities are at a good cost price) for families to enjoy indoor and pool activities.
- http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/leisure,_culture_and_tourism/ranger_service/free_walk_leaflets.aspx >> Here is a link to a number of walk leaflets by Cheshire East Council Ranger Service, that are free to download or ask for leaflets to be sent to you.
- https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk >> Here you can search postcode for local or further afield for a faily woodland adventure where children can explore their imagination, explore nature and discover many senses.
- The local Children's Centres have free play & stay sessions for families with children under 5 years. They also hold family sessions in the school holidays.
- www.enjoystaffordshire.com/whats-on/ >> Here is a great site covering a huge amount of free and low cost events across Staffordshire.
- http://www.familydaystriedandtested.com/category/indoor-fun/ >> Here is the link to Family Days website, we follow their family adventures on Facebook. You will find an array of ideas; creative, crafty, sensory, messy, imaginative and so much more; that their family try & test then share with you. We have done many and the children love them, best of all most are free ideas.
Enjoy, have fun !